- Food Services
- Health and Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Local Programs
- Field Trips
- After School Workshops
- Meet the Staff
- Mohave Tui Chub
- Tortoise Terrace
- Wildlands Water Walk
- High Desert Astronomical Society (HiDAS)
|We rely on our volunteers to educate students from the High Desert and
beyond in a fun way through our hands-on field trip programs. It is a
rewarding experience for the students as well as the volunteers.
Volunteers are trained for their assignments; so no experience is necessary to become a Lewis Center volunteer. Enthusiasm is all you need to start! By becoming a LCER volunteer, you have the opportunity to learn new things yourself as you have fun with students.
To become a volunteer, simply fill out a volunteer interest form at the link below and you will be contacted. You must become an LCER approved volunteer. Requirements include DOJ background clearance, TB risk assessment questionnaire and attending a volunteer workshop. You can begin your adventure by calling us today. See below for more details.
Volunteers at the Lewis Center share their time and talents in a variety of ways. Here are some of the ways they donate their time:
- Present educational programs at the Lewis Center campuses.
- Present programs/workshops at community school classrooms
- Maintain program supplies & materials
- Assist in the development of new programs
- Assist with special events at the Lewis Center
- Host star parties at our Luz Observatory
Volunteer Interest Form Link
Or you may contact our Local Outreach Supervisor, Amy RItter, or by calling 760-946-5414 ext. 276.